Michael J. Busuito, M.D. is triple-board certified in general surgery, plastic surgery and hand surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of several prestigious medical societies. He has also published numerous peer-reviewed articles and abstracts and delivered presentations at conferences across the country. Despite his active schedule, Dr. Busuito has made time to volunteer his surgical services to underprivileged children in Mexico every year since 1994.
Dr. Busuito earned his medical degree in 1981 from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. Prior to this, he received a B.S. from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and completed graduate studies in Biochemistry and Physiology at Wayne State University.
Dr. Busuito's post-graduate training included residencies in general surgery and plastic surgery at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He was the Chief Administrative Resident in both specialties.
Dr. Busuito's professional memberships include:
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Wayne County Medical Society
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons
- Midwest Surgical Association